The Isle of Dread
Here are the rules for character creation.
- 20-point buy
- Start at 1st level
- Starting wealth will be either 1) rolled by the player in the presence of the DM ahead of the first session or, 2) rolled by the DM
- The majority of Paizo-published rulebooks are allowed with the following caveat: anything outside of the Core Rulebook must be approved by the DM prior to use. Note: I generally approve requests.
- All characters will have a backstory of some sort. The player and DM will work together during this process so that the backstory is relevant and accurate. Expect to have your backstory become part of the front-story. I will never (okay, okay, I should say “infrequently” instead) use the backstory against you.
- Traits. All PCs will have 2 Traits . They must be a significant part of your backstory.
- Drawbacks . If you choose to have a drawback, and include it in your backstory, you gain an additional Trait as well. Since this is a part of your backstory, you should have a total of 3 Traits and 1 Drawback.
- The story begins in Absalom
Katapesh city. The Legacy of Fire Player’s Guide and the Pathfinder Companion: Dark Markets: A Guide to Katapesh will be useful during character creation. I have pdf copies of both for you to browse.
- Please consider how your characters know each other. The game will start with the assumption that the group has already formed.